LCA’s Food&Beverage team provides producers, suppliers, market leader multinational corporations and several other players active in the field with legal advice on food and wine law matters.
In particular, the Law Firm assists clients on food security (security and hygiene within production and transportation) and food safety matters (information for consumers) and on all issues that have significant legal implications:
- counterfeiting, designations of origin and labelling
- misleading advertising and unfair competition
- protection of “made in” and the fight against the “Italian sounding”
- excise taxes on alcoholic products, tax issues and customs duties on food and drink for both inbound and outbound exchanges
- related e-commerce and privacy issues.
LCA finally has developed expertise in drafting agreements in F&B matters and also in litigation, including proceedings related to labelling, consumer protection, loss compensation and the recall of dangerous products.