LCA has developed considerable expertise in the field of customs and excises, providing assistance to leading multinational corporations in the oil and energy market, as well as – among others – to transport and logistic operators.
In this practice, assistance covers the following areas:
- Classification, origin and value assessment of goods
- Authorizations for Dual Use products imports and exports
- Customs and VAT warehousing
- Import VAT
- Assistance in obtaining AEO certification
- Cad and customs broker liability
- Annual natural gas and electric energy declarations
- Periodic excise payment, compensation and refunds
- International and intra-Community operations
- Benefits and exemptions
- Customs inspection
- Requests for Private Letter Rulings, and customs litigation
In these areas, the Firm is able to provide full assistance in both the initial planning phase, for the prevention of customs notices, and pre-litigation and litigation proceedings.